Thursday, April 22, 2004

Damn. I remember the first time we celebrated a "day after". It was Easter of 2000. I had gotten a big chocolate Easter bunny at work and brought it home. It was the hollow type and it sat on the kitchen table for days.

Well I finally decided to eat it one night and I went looking for it. Gone. I looked all over and even threatened to shave monsa hand if he had taken it, but he remained silent. I had to just admit that it was gone. My wife arrived home from work and as she was taking her jacket off said "Dear. Why did you leave the Easter bunny on the front steps?"
"What?" I headed for the door but was passes instantly by a scurrying monsa hand screaming "Run! Run! He's going to eat you! Ruuuun!".

Damn. I knew instantly he thought the bunny was real inside of the box. After grabbing him as he attempted to shut the front door I opened the container and unwrapped the bunny and took the aluminum off.

He looked at it funny but I noticed something. The second the wrapper was off and the smell of chocolate started to spread his nose twitched. I picked up the bunny, held it out to him and asked him to smell it.
He leaned in slowly. Took a slow sniff, and then backed up slowly.
"You covered him in chocolate?" He seemed very confused. I was planning not to shock him but knew I would have to.
"Watch." I held the bunny to the table top. My wife, in the background whispered "you better not do what I think you are about ....."
Snap I broke the bunnies head off, and in the same motion grabbed the monsa hand who had just turned and started to run by reflex only.

The hand I had grabbed him with also had the chocolate head. As I held him he slowly stopped squirming and biting me. I think the smell of chocolate made him slow down enough to take a look. Well with his interest peaked he slowly picked the head up, looked in the hollow, and whispered "are you in there?"

Well with no answer, and after a good examination of the body he agreed that no bunnies were hurt in the production of the treat. He then started to yell at me for being mean to him.

I, regretfully, did not get to enjoy a single darn piece of chocolate. Because my wife said that because I was mean to the little guy she would split it with him, alone. I was left out totally. I hate "day afters".

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?