Sunday, April 18, 2004

He purrs!
Honestly! I was laying on the couch with monsa hand on my belly watching TV. I cannot even remember what was on, but it had something to do with food. At first I had no idea what was going on. I looked down and noticed his eye was shut and his head was laying on his front arms. He was purring as he slept.
I reached down carefully, as not to disturb him, and gave him a soft gentle scritch on the back of his head. The purring increased, and continued to increase in relationship to the amount of scritching I was doing. He was now purring so much that, from the other side of the room, my wife had set up from her chair and was watching.
I stopped scritching his head to see what would happen. Ever so slowly the purring subsided and soon faded into nothingness. My wife and I exchanged smiling looks as I nudged monsa hand gently. His head popped up and with a blinking eye and a yawn asked what was wrong. I asked him if he knew he purred as he slept.
With a huff he stood up and looked me in the eyes and said "monsa's don't purr, ugly cats purr, monsa's growl". With an air of indignation he walked from the family room with heavy foot steps. My wife and I were able to keep facial control until he was gone before breaking out into smiles and laughter.
Being a young monsa hand at the time he wanted so much to look and act like the big mean monsters on TV, and purring was not allowed. Purring was for cat's and girl's. His words not mine.
My wife and I never brought it up again because of his irritation, but every time he napped he would purr just a little, and I would smile just a little more.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?