Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I have to keep the freezer padlocked. Honest! It's really strange and I am not sure how to say it, but the furry little guy is weird.
It started the day after my wife's birthday party. He had stayed in the basement with a nice big piece of chocolate cake with chocolate sauce on it. Well the next day I was sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of rocky road ice cream when he came into the room. After lifting him onto the table he looked at what I was eating and asked for a bite. Well I figured he had the same germs as I did so I put some on a spoon and set it down for him.
Damn. I have never seen anything like it before in my life. At first he flicked his tongue out and touched it. With a small nibble he slurped some in. A funny look crossed his face, his eye opened real wide, and he buried his head into the ice cream.
Sluuuuuurp!
He pulled his head out and his cheeks were bulging with ice cream. With a giant gulp he forced it down into his gullet. He paused, quivered, then shrieked. His eye rolled back and his head dropped to the table and he laid there still.
"Oh my god I killed him". I jumped up yelling for my wife who ran into the room.
We stood there looking at him. I thought he was dead. I was feeling like crap.
"I didn't mean to kill him. He asked for some ice...."
At this point he stood up. With a smile he asked "What is it?"
Well I was so damn happy he was alive I answered.
"Ice cream."
"I scream?" he asked?
"No, Ice cream"
"Yeah, yeah. I scream" and buried his head again into the I scream.
Well he gulped it down again, screamed again, and then collapsed. Again.
After several times of watching this my wife removed the "I scream" from the table and poured it into the sink.
"Noooooooooo!!" He wailed, jumped from the table, scurried across the floor, and tried to climb up the cabinet front.
Well that day we found the little guy has a problem with cold "I scream". We have to keep it locked up or the little screams in the night wake us. I will admit I indulge him sometimes and let him have little bowls to eat, but the second the screaming starts the bowls get taken away.
I am to this day not sure what effect it actually has, but we have to keep it away.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?