Thursday, April 29, 2004

I made a mistake and I feel really bad about it. You see we had a big party at work and some upper management people were down from headquarters. The local boss put out a nice spread and it was great. Every type of food and snack you could think of to eat, and that's what lead to my big mistake.
Over at one table were small baskets of chocolate of every description possible. Knowing I had a chocolate fiend at home I had to grab some. I took a napkin and scooped a few of every type. I knew I would like some later and the monsa would love me.
When I got home that night my wife was asleep and the monsa was in the basement watching TV. I dumped the goods on the table and went to bed for the night.

Now in life there are many ways to awaken. I like to be woken slowly with music, being woken suddenly with a monsa hand hugging your face yelling how much he loves the Big One is not the way I would ever want to awake to.
"What the .." I sat up and he rolled of my face onto the bed.
"I love you and.. and.. and I love you" he then collapsed into giggles and rolled onto his back.
My wife and I exchanged looks and I reached over and gently picked him up. His one red shot eye peered out at me from half closed eye lids.
" I really really love you Biggy" *hick*.

For a second my mind could not comprehend it. The furry guy was drunk. Now this was strange as I had no alcohol in the house.
"Did you drink something?" As I asked this I noticed chocolate around his mouth.
"Only chocolate in kitchen. good chocolate, yummy chocolate, happy chocolate. Super.." I placed a finger over his mouth.
"I'll check this out right now". My wife headed to the kitchen to check it out.
He just laid there. His legs hanging limp over the edge of my hand, a little chocolate drool coming from his mouth, his eye glazed in an alcoholic stupor.

"Dummy! You brought home a chocolate rum ball" she held up the offending item and the monsa suck marks were very evident.
"Look. Happy happy chocolate". *hick*.
Well with some warm cocoa and time he finally went from drunken stupor to after drunk sick. During this time we talked and I begged his forgiveness
I went and found the bad chocolate and several others I thought were also rum balls and threw them into trash.
I feel bad because I did not even think about it and his experience with anything like this is nil.
I guess that night I learned the bigger lesson then he did.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?