Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Monsas love to have a little place they call their own. I use the word "nest" to describe where the live but they like to use the word "home". I did not know for days where he was sleeping, he just said goodnight to me and the misses and scurried out of the room into the darkness. Well the mystery was solved one day when I was cleaning out a closet and found the nest. It was a little corner behind some boxes. The small area was full of reeses cup wrapping and candy bar packages. All together about two weeks of my midnight snacks had found their way here, little shit that he is. I almost started to clean it out when I noticed a terry cotton wash rag laid out and well used. I could tell this was what he slept on. Being furry no blanket was needed at night, but the wash rag was so much better then the floor.
I knew I would be pissed if someone took apart my house, so I just moved the boxes back and left it as it was. I love the little guy and figured the loss of one small corner of one closet was worth the him being happy and having a place to call his own. We have moved many times since that first nest, and each time they find a little corner to turn into their own place. I have never mess with their nests for all the time I have had monsa hands living with me. It would be, well, rude.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?