Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Somedays I feel like the monster in the house.

The family room is in the basement and monsa hand has to go through the basement to get to his nest where he sleeps in the closet. I was watching TV and leaned back and started to snooze like normal. I awoke with the feeling all parents get when their kids are up to something. I looked down and scurrying across the floor was monsa hand.

Now this is normal because as he runs the only word to describe it is scurrying. Well he was scurrying across the floor heading for his area, but this time he was sopping wet and holding a big fish.
"Stop!" The stop and jump showed me he did not know I had opened my eyes, and that he was also caught red handed doing something he should not be doing..
"Why are you holding one of the neighbors Koi?" The said fish was flopping around in his arms and not very happy to be there, obviously.
"It's my pet and it wanted to come home with me and I will take care of it and I really will love it and I have a bowl of water for it and I..."
Shhhhh! I raised my hand into the universal halt sign.
"The fish is unhappy. Take it right back to the pond and.."
"But I want a pet and.. and.. and" He looked desperate to find the proper words that would let him keep the fish.
"No! Take it back right now" I emphasized this by pointing to the door. He sullenly took the fish out. The silent treatment I got the rest of the night was a refreshing break from the non stop questions and banter of that he normally is like.
But I still feel bad. Every kid, even monsa kids, want a pet every once in awhile, and we have to say no before a zoo is created. It still doesn't make me feel less horrible

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?