Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Up until now monsa hand had been living on chocolate and softer foods because he had no teeth. I will admit it was cute when he smiled big at you and all you could see was a pink gummy maw. His cuteness was adorable and my wife soon agreed that we should try to help raise him.
About three weeks after he showed up we were watching TV and I noticed that he looked grumpy and was making sucking sounds with his mouth like he had a lollipop, but noting was in his mouth then, a true rarity. "are you ok monsa hand?". I asked because he looked unhappy.
"I'm fine, just leave me alone!" He jumped up and took off in a huff. I had by now learned how he ran so I intercepted him and after picking him up asked again what was bothering him.
"It hurts and I don't know why!" was his sad reply. I got him to open his mouth and saw on his upper gum line a small red spot.
Aha! I knew it. He was grumpy because he was teething. Now as I had no kids I was limited in teething knowledge but I was not totally ignorant either. I went and pulled an ice cube from the fridge and laid it in front of him. The confused pained look I got was sad and sweet, but when I informed him that the ice cube would help make it hurt less he attacked it with gusto.
It worked. I went that afternoon to a store and got an infant book on what to do and followed the instructions almost to the "T". I got some ambisolm for his tooth and that, plus ice, helped him till two days later a small white needle sharp fang popped out.
With in a week it grew to its full length and set nicely in his mouth.
Now how did I know how sharp it was? Because a primal instinct causes them to try out their new tooth and every time he did not like something I did, I had to pull him off my ankle chomping the entire time. Calling him snaggle tooth also got me chomped on, but he looked so strange for three weeks till the second one came out. He then became Vampire boy, with the resulting chomping on my ankles.
Such is life with a teething monsa hand

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?