Saturday, April 10, 2004

"What is it and clean up the mess yourself"
That is not what I want to be welcomed home from work with. I walked into the bedroom and saw "it".
Laying amid a pile of candy wrappers and half eaten chocolate bars was the bloated, plump, monster thingy.
"Hi" I waited for a reply and soon it came.
BRAPPPP!!. "You're home big one!" was the first verbal response from the thingy.
I asked how much it ate while looking at all the wrappers. A sort of nirvana look appeared in its eyes as the reply "All I could" echoed forth.

It took a bit to clean up and I got my first lesson in monster knowledge.
They have a weakness for chocolate causing them to eat till they cannot force any more in. Chocolate is also good for bribery.
We sat and talked about what it was and where he came from. It really had no idea. All it could remember was popping out of an egg into a dark place with lots of scurrying and noise. He said he found a small place and hid till things got quite. He looked out and saw our livingroom and made a break for it, when he saw me coming he hid in my shoe and then I "attacked " him with my foot.
It took me but a mere minute to figure he came in a box of books we had just had delivered so he must have "popped" in the back of the truck.

I asked if he would like to stay with us. He asked if I could get more chocolate, when I replied yes he said ok but it took me the rest of the night to convince the wife. Mouse sized furry things that talk are not a ladies best friend.
He promised he would be good and never do anything wrong. My wife and I exchanged looks of total disbelief but decided to keep him.
We offered him several nice names but he decided on one of his own making. "Monsa Hand".



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?