Monday, May 17, 2004

Coming home is becoming rather interesting. I never quite know what I will find.
One day I came home to my wife holding a sobbing monsa hand in the kitchen. Now normally he gets upset when we punish him for doing something he shouldn't have done, but not this time.
He was wrapped up in one of our terry cotton towels and covered in little bandages. My wife was scritching him behind his ear and even from where I stood at the doorway I could hear. "You are the bravest monsahand in the whole world. You did very good and I am so proud of you" she punctuated her comments with little kisses to his head.
After a bit of time, and the piece of warm chocolate he was eating, he fell asleep. My wife and I carried him to his nest and quietly returned upstairs.
"What the heck was that about?" Catching the tail end of something can be rather frustrating.
"Monsa hand saw a squirrel in the yard grabbing some acorns that had fallen. Thinking they were yours he went out to defend the big ones property. Well they got into it and although the squirrel left I think monsa hand got the worse of it"
Oh my! I felt so proud right then. The little furry guy was protecting the big ones stuff. I knew how dads felt when their kids did something dumb for all the right reasons.
Well for the rest of the weekend our little furry guy was treated like a real warrior. But I did tell him that I would let the squirrel "clean up the yard" from now on as punishment.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?