Sunday, May 02, 2004

The furry guy almost killed me one day. His third tooth was coming in slow and we were all feeling bad for him. He was always walking around holding an ice cube in his mouth with this sad suffering look on his face. There truly is nothing so heart rending as a sad monster.
One problem, he is kind of young and dumb. So whenever the ice finally numbs his gums he drops the ice cube and goes off to play.
Well as we all know ice melts and water is what remains.
For days I have been wiping up little melted ice cube puddles around the house. Nothing bad, but a real interesting feeling when you sit in cold water while in your tighty whities.

It was the third day of his suffering. I was worried because this should not take this long. I have no idea who to take a monster to when a tooth gets stuck, but I was getting desperate. He was sleeping with us for a bit because he was hurting all the time.
I had just gotten dressed for work and had my good shoes on. Patent leather and well polished. I walked from the bedroom into the kitchen to kiss my wife goodbye when I stepped into a puddle. Well when one foot slides out the other has the habit of following right behind.

WHAM!! I hit the floor hard and since I am not called "the big one" for no reason a loud boom echoed through the house. Monsa just happened to be getting a new ice cube at the time and saw me fall. To him, and his juvenile outlook on life, he thought it was the funniest thing ever and started to laugh.
I laid there for a second checking to see if any bones where broken. None were and I got up to the sound of monsa hand laughing his furry butt off and my wife looking at me with less worry and more of a "what a klutz" look.
Monsa hand scurried across the floor towards me as fast as he could. Well running and laughing do not go good together so he ended up running right into the kitchen table leg. Of course turn around being fare play I laughed a little at him.
I stopped when I noticed a funny look on his face that soon turned into a big smile.
"My tooth popped big one, I got another tooth"
My wife picked him up and he was right. In the center on the bottom was his third tooth.

Well I was happy because, as the tooth finally showed up and the pain went away. I did chew on him just a little about being dumb for leaving water on the floor but I was so happy his tooth showed up. Three days of an unhappy sad monsa hand can wear on you.
So that night I went to bed with a sore back and he went to bed with a less sore gum line.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?