Thursday, May 27, 2004

I guess I should tell you about the rules. The rules for monsa hand came about after he had all 6 teeth.
He started to act bad and for about a week seemed to be in trouble for one thing after another. All of them resulted in groundings and punishments. I really love the furry guy but being a rebellious teenager with claws is not a good combination.
It was Sunday night and he had been grounded on and off for the whole week. As he sat there reading I noticed he had not turned the page on his book for awhile. Now normally he loves reading Harry Potter but this time he was gloomy.
"You OK?"
He got to his legs and scurried over to me. He climbed up my couch and sat on the arm next to me.
Looking me in the eye he whispered "Do I have to leave now". His eye was watery and I realized he was about to cry.
I quickly picked him up and held him in a hug and said "You never have to leave. Why do you feel like that?"
He lowered his head and thought for a moment.
"I have been real bad and in some books bad boys are sent away and.. and.. and I think I'm bad" he then started to blubber.
I held him and scritched the little furry guy for awhile. He was really scared and at that point he just needed hugs, so that's what he got.
After he calmed down he and I talked and the first two rules came into existence.
1. No matter what monsa hand does he will never be sent away or thrown away.
2. No matter what monsa hand does we will always love him.
Now it sounds dumb to write down rules saying you love someone, but for an insecure monster they were what was needed.
I think he was mad that we were going to throw him away and when he knew he could stay he was happy. He also quit acting up and the grounding stopped mostly.
The rules grew and a few more have been added over time, but those are for another story.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?