Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I was tired after work one day and all I wanted was to go home and watch the movie I had rented. My wife was out so I dropped heavily on to the couch and grabbed the remote. Aiming it towards the DVD player I hit power.
Sounds good right? This is when it gets un-good.
After hitting power the DVD tray slid in and I hit play...and waited...and waited...and ARRRGGGHH
The &^%@&@ DVD player is broke.
I walked over and hammered it a little to release the standard male desire to smash and loot.
After that did not work I slid the DVD player out and noticed something.
one wire, not three. There should have been a power line, an input line, and an output line. I had one. The power line was the only thing hooked up. Looking around some more I noticed every line not permanently connected between the cable, VHS, DVD, stereo printer and computer in the whole family room was missing.
Now anyone else in the whole world would sit there confused. But not I. No sir, I knew who did it.
"MONSA HAND!!!"
soon a smiling monsa hand came scurrying into the room.
"Big one! You're home." The smile got bigger and I knew, deep down, he had done it.
"I have a question for you"
"What biggy?" I really hated it when he called me "biggy".
"Do you know where all the wires and cords in the room are?"
"Yeah, follow me" He turned and started heading for the closet.
Now as this was his "home nest" I allowed him to decorate it as he wished. I now wish I had not let him.
He opened the door with a mighty heave and with a flourish worthy of a game show host showed me his current room.
OMG! The room was encircled like some bizarre rave party room with all the cords in the house, and a few I did not recognize. He had them strung all over, wrapped some in Reeces pieces aluminum, and even rolled some into balls. I will admit this was the best one yet. He seemed to change it every time I looked, and this latest incarnation was one of the best.
"Monsa. I hate to say this but we need to take you room apart."
"No No No No"
So he and I sat down and talked. Turns out he is fascinated by wires, all wires. So with this in mind he made his last nest.
So I broke down and for only the second time, we went out. He and I took a small trip to the hardware store. We wire shopped. Right now there is a hardware store clerk who, with my request for "20 one foot lengths of all your pretty wires", put me into the loony bin category.
Well monsa hand got his room, well wired, back in place. I got the to have the fun of untangling 20 plus wires and reassembling all of the houses electronics, without the owner's manuals.
But overall a good night.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?