Saturday, May 29, 2004

Monsa hand is covered in fur so of course he wears no clothing. This does not mean he does not like to look nice.
Here I was buying whole Barbie outfit kits just to get the small size combs and brushes for the little guy. Combing his hair and keeping clean was important to him. While monsters like to get under, inside, and through every nook and cranny in the house he always took time afterwards to clean himself up nicely.
But that's just a little side bar. This story is the day before Easter.

I was sitting in the den watching TV. Nothing great was on but the mindless nature of it after work was nice. My wife was upstairs making Easter eggs for the church's Easter egg hunt. Now at one point I heard a little yelp from my wife, but since it was followed by laughter I let it slide.
About 30 minutes later I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. Nothing worried me because with a small monster in your house things do not scare you that easy.
I turned my head and looked.

OMG!!!. I jumped up at the vision heading my way.
It was a monster like monsa hand "but". There is always a but.
This one was blood red, a snarling fang filled mouth, and yellow claws extended as he charged me.
"Get away! Get away! Get away!'. I yelled as I jumped up onto the chair OK. I do not handle killer monster attacks well.
The monster collapsed halfway across the floor.
Why, you ask, did he collapse.
He collapsed laughing. From the laughter I instantly knew it was monsa hand.

"You little @#%*." I charged him now. I was going to shave the furry little rodent bald.
Well as luck would have it my wife came into the room and kept me from microwaving him.
What happened was an evil plot involving Easter egg color, one monsa hand who wanted to look mean, and a wife who put the attack into his head. Yes. My darling wife put him up to it. They have started to be way too friendly lately. I need to get better chocolate to bribe him I guess.

So over the next several days he changed. Some days he was one color, some another, he even went through polka dotted and stripped stages. To say I was happy when we ran out of Easter eggs colors would be an understatement.
But he did have fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?