Sunday, June 20, 2004

For days afterwards monsa hand was down. Not sad, just disappointed that "it" was not a true monster.
My wife and I decided he needed a big trip out. Well since the zoo incident I thought going back there might be problematic, so I figured the mall.
After going over all the rules about never getting off my shoulder or talking to anyone but my wife or I he promised me would be good. I believed that as far as I could throw my car, but he really needed a day out.
At 9 in the morning the Mall was mostly empty, but enough people I was still worried. We walked about and were enjoying ourselves greatly. The bulk candy store always puts him in a good mood so large amounts of money was spent on chocolates to his happiness.

I was dipping the scoop into the bin full of chocolate covered raisins. He liked them, until I told him they were really chocolate covered bugs. Hey! It was the only way for me to have chocolate in the house for personal use. The little furry guy eats chocolate like a vacuum cleaner.
But as I was saying . . .
I was bending over and scooping a "biggy" size amount into the bag when four needle sharp claws pierced my shoulder.
"AARRRRGGGGHHH!!" The scoop went flying, followed by a falling rain of raisinettes all over. The looks I got as I threw down a 10 dollar bill and ran out of the store with a fast "sorry" to the clerk was not helping the pain.

After exiting the store I reached under my jacket pulling a clenched monsa hand, with claws extended, off my shoulder.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!" I looked him right into his eye as I said it then noticed he was frozen.
"Monsa? Are you OK?: He started to shake and quiver in my hand. I was not sure what was wrong with the little guy, but I was starting to get scared now, ignoring even the pain in my shoulder.
"Bi..bi...biggy. I...I..I smelled one." He looked up to me with his one eye pleading for help.
"One what?" I thought maybe I had farted.
At this he started to shake, but I could tell this was the same happy shake that happens when I bring new chocolate into the house. A happy internal shake.

"Another me, I mean another monsa. I did. I did. I smelled another one." His neck was twisting all around and he started climbing all over me trying to look all over at the same time and fine the other one. Acting fast, I figured someone in the store was carrying a monsa hand like I was so I went back into the candy store and walked by each person. I stood near each one until the small voice in my ear said "no". I repeated this until we ran out of people.
Telling him the person might have been walking by the store we went into the main area of the mall.
We found a bench and sat there for over four hours. He sat on my shoulder and sniffed until finally he gave up.

But even this failure of finding a monsa hand like him did not depress him. For you see. He now knew that there are others out there just like him, and he was going to find them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?