Thursday, June 03, 2004

I had decided that monsa hand needed to see the world. He has been out twice, one on the wire shopping spree and the other time to Walgreen. Figuring out where to take him is a whole different thing. Monsa hand is sized like a small furry rodent so I have to be careful.
So I decided on the zoo. He could ride in my pocket and we could see some animals. Since he had a small picture of a tiger on his wall I knew that would make his day. The zoo trip was great. Monsa hand was ecstatic over what he saw. "Elephants are big" and "monkeys smell" were the types of comments my wife and I heard. He had crawled out of my pocket and was riding on my shoulder near the hood. He was hidden and still could talk to us.
The silence should have been the giveaway. "Monsa hand. What do you think about that meercat?" The lack of reply worried me. I did a quick patdown of myself and came to the only conclusion.
Monsa hand was on the loose.
Dang it. Dang it. Dang it.
I went one way and my wife went another, each in a silent panic. I only took about three steps before I saw him..or I should say heard him. "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp" I turned and there he was. Like all young stupid kids he wanted to get close to the animals. So of course he climbed down me and went into the meercat area. There he stood, claws extended holding his own against two upset, territorial meercats. "Get you furry rear out here now" I bellowed.
As the two meercats paused to look at me bellowing, Monsa hand made a break and scurried to the edge and made an impressive leap to freedom. He then ran up me and slid back into my shirt pocket.
"That was fun" he said as he looked at me with a smile on his face. Now monsa hand is about the same size in relationship to a meercat as I am to an elephant.
"You could have gotten killed you dumb monster" and other comments were sent his way. All to no effect. Well my wife and I grounded him when we got home but the damage had been done. The world was big, full of stuff, and he wanted to see it all.
"It's hard to keep them on the farm when they have seen the lights of Paris" ran through my mind that night. Monsa hand had a whole world to see, and nothing could stop him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?