Sunday, June 13, 2004

The search for other monsa hands of course started on the Internet. While I tried the standard searches nothing seemed to work. I was about to grow despondent that first night in front of the uncooperative computer when monsahand ran into the room screaming.
"I found one, I found one. It's on TV" His eye was shining like the whole world was suddenly good and all was well in the universe.
Well like the man who leaped from his bed and threw open the shutters I jumped and ran for the TV.
His yelling "Hurry hurry hurry" made me run down to the family room even faster then normal.

The second I saw the TV I knew that I had a hard job ahead of me. There, residing on the TV was "It" from the Adams family. Monsa was jumping up and down and hugging himself with happiness.
"See. See biggy. I found one. He looks funny, but he's a monsa hand. I know it"
The pure knowledge of youth was about the hit the grim reality of life.
"Come here little guy" I motioned to him and like a hyper active flash he was up on my shoulder looking at me with a smile that I knew would be so short lived.

"We need to talk". I gave him the fatherly tone and I saw a slight quiver in his smile. I reached up and scritched him gently and whispered to him "You really want him to be a monsa hand don't you?".
"But he is biggy. I just know" The smile had flattened out and was about to turn down.
I reached down and took the DVD controller into my hand and stopped the movie, I then started the special "making of" feature.
I sat and held him as they showed the hand model doing all of the work to make "it" come alive.

By the time the special section ended monsa was of course crying his heart out. I held him and scritched him as good as I could but he just needed , more then anything, time to cry. So I gave it to him.
After some words that we would find others, I hope, I took him and we made a special trip to the grocery where I let him pick the chocolate from the candy section. The little trip out helped him feel a little better but he was still hurting.

That night before he went to bed I made him his special hot cocoa that makes him feel warm and happy. I think it is the mini marshmallows.
That night after he went to bed I went and threw out one DVD into the trash.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?