Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Well monsa hand is full grown and I now know the suffering parents go through.
You see. He started to go out on his own. Not just into the yard to fight the squirrels, but around the neighborhood. I tried to warn him about the bad things out there but he was so intent on doing it I just had to agree, plus the fact there was not much of a way to stop him.

I walked in the front door after a day at work and I could almost sense that something was wrong. My dear wife was sitting in the kitchen sipping a soda and looking very thoughtful.
"Hon? Is everything OK?" I sat down by her and from her body position I could tell she was horribly sad.
"It's monsa hand. He went out for more then a walk today." she whispered " He went to see if there were any other monsa hands out there and..Well...He didn't find any and is feeling really alone. I have tried to make him feel better but nothing works. Not even chocolate"
OMG! I knew one thing. When chocolate does not work, then things are really bad. For him chocolate can fix cuts, bruises, and hurt feelings. When it does not work it.. Well. I have to admit it has always worked. This worried me.

I walked into the basement slowly and saw him sitting on his favorite Curious George book and just looking at the pictures. Curious George books always made him feel better, and they obviously were not working this time,
"Monsa? You OK?" I sat down and put my leg out near him to help him crawl up on to me if he wanted.
Sniff "I'm OK biggy" I could tell he wasn't, but did not say anything, I just let him continue. " I just though there might be other monsa hands in the other houses and I looked in all of them around here and I cannot smell none in any of them" Sniff. He said this lying there so defeated. "I think I'm all alone"
"You know we will always be here right?"
A small nod was all I got in reply from him. He was feeling very alone and abandoned right now.

"Come here" with very little coaxing he scurried up and laid on my belly and I did the fatherly thing and started to scritch him.
"Monsa. I have to say that I have no idea where you came from, but I love you right?"
"Yeah?" he seemed almost confused.
"Would you like to know some other monsa hands out there?"
"Yes! But I looked and there aren't any out there."
"Hold on. The world is a very big place and there are a lot of places for little guys like you to be. Well then let us try to find where you came from and some other little furry guys like you. OK?"
He leaped up to his legs and a smile appeared on his face. "You'll help me find others like me?"
"Yes. Yes I will help you"
That was the day that I started the job of finding other little guys for him to play with, and feel less alone.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?