Sunday, July 25, 2004

"S. H. O. T. He needs one" Doc said as he reached slowly for Monsa hand.
With a delay due to his not feeling well, his eye popped open. The scream of "No!" was not unexpected when Doc grabbed at him. I say at because monsa made a run for the edge. Either by design or bad luck the table top was slick and his little claws, extended by reflex, gave him almost no traction so he just panicked and scittered in place making almost no progress for the edge of the table. Well with my wife and I holding him down, Doc gave him a small shot in the butt. "I use ped needles made for infants. They are the perfect size for them." Perfect yes, but monsa still had claws and fangs and used them nicely in defense of his butt. After the "I don't like nobody!" wail he began to get sleepy and shut his eye. "I gave him a big dose of antihistamines so he will be asleep for a while. By the time he awakens his butt will not be hurting and he should be breathing just fine." He cleaned up and laid Monsa Hand down in Curious George's lap so he could sleep off the shot.

Doc, my wife and I were sitting around the dinner table as Emmy fussed around the kitchen and gave a running dialogue. "My yes. I remember the first one. Little Johnny .. or was it Harry? Well someone brought one in and asked what it was because it also was sick. You remember Star Trek?"
"Yes". I had no idea what that meant but I used to be a trekie in my own youth. "Well we figured out it also was allergic and got it back on its legs..err.. Feet.. No! Pads. Yes. We got it back on its pads and tried to figure out what it was. Doc was also a trekie and said it looked like a tribble from one episode." She paused and gave a big laugh."Doc here was sure surprised when it reached out and bit the heck out of him then told him "I am not no ugly tribble" Doc almost had a heartattack he wasn't expecting it to be able to talk." She paused in her busy work to kiss doc on his balding head. "Would of hated to loose the old fart. Well the furry thing said it was not a tribble because it had legs and could walk. I was more surprised at the talking part but anyway. We said would you like to be called a Walker"

Doc jumped in as his wife walked out of the room. "That was the first. Little Billy ended up with two. A little brown and gray male and a little blondish female. He named them Flash Gordon and Dorothy. He lived near us for about 5 years. Moved when he was 16. By then there were about 50 of them in the area. Walkers. Lots of them. Different colors and such."

"Are you saying there are 50 monsas in this town?" I was on edge. Monsa would be so happy when he heard this. "Nope. When Billy moved the whole kit and kaboodle moved with him. Well that's what we think anyway. No more ever dropped by. They would come over on their own by then. We were the walker doctors. But one day they all left. I was very surprised to see yours."

"Doc. We are not alone" I then told him about monsa hand smelling another one in the mall.
By this time Emmy returned with the soup so we all sat back and ate up.

Doc and Emmy were pretty happy to know there might be more. So for the rest of the night was sat and exchanged monsa hand stories. With 5 years of being the only monsa doc in town he had some doozies.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?