Monday, July 26, 2004

"Would you please explain the hair to me?" was one of many questions I had for him. He had worked with monsa hands for years so I thought he might know.
"Was he naked? They really hate being naked. It sounds mean but one of the things they would do to each other was to shave them while they were asleep. The next morning I would have this little pale wrinkled thing at my door begging for hair tonic. Just a little and "BANG!" Hair. They have this strange metabolism that reacts fast to everything. A simple lick of an aspirin and a minute later they are better, or a warm cup of cocoa. I have yet to see a walker finish one without falling asleep."
"Same here. I end up with half cups of cocoa all over the house. and a sleeping monsa that I end up carrying to his bed."
"Can I ask why you call them monsa hands? I know they are the size of your hand but it seems strange."
"No. No problem. He actually picked his own name. He saw a glove and got a little scared until I showed him it fit on my hand. He has called himself monsa hand since."
"Well it is as good a name as I picked, probably better because he picked it himself." He paused and looked me in the eye "You do know they have a small problem with chocolate don't you?"
"The lock on my cake pan and one cabinet show that I have had run ins with this issue. Sort of like Garfield and lasagna, but worse"

The night ended when we went in to check on monsa hand. He was sitting on Doc's desk glaring at us
"I don't like anybody!" he turned his back to us and sat down to sulk.
"I have this whole cup of chocolate soup just for you and since you're mad at me I will have to throw it away" I walked to the trashcan and made a dropping motion.
"I love you big one. I really do" He had turned and put his fake angelic face on. The pure innocence of love. Bull.
I sat it down on the desk next to him and pulled my fingers back in a well learned act of self preservation. He was on it like piranha and soon we had a plumper furry happy monsa hand sitting there.
"You want to go home now? You won't get sick anymore because the doc gave us some stuff.."
He quickly sat down and yelled out "No more shots. No. No. No." he kept yelling this until I was finally able to break in.
"Chocolate covered pills you shrimp" The resulting silence as he thought about it dragged until he nodded an OK to me.

"Well lets get his stuff and go. Thanks again Doc. We were really worried." I reached for the box and picked up a fat happy monsa hand and we started to go.
As we were heading out the door monsa piped in "Sorry about your desk".
I of course had to stop. "Desk?"
Doc laughed out loud at that point. "Don't worry. They have a small habit of getting mad after a shot. I am quite used to it. Go home and enjoy yourself. But remember to throw out the plant!"

So we went home and to bed very happy and relieved. Monsa went to sleep with Curious George and seemed happy again. He mumbled once his butt hurt but I ignored him. He was just trying for some sympathy chocolate, but it would not work tonight.

Comments:
Poor little guy. I like the new links... good idea. (unless I just missed those the first time through.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?