Saturday, September 18, 2004

"He did it again" is normally followed by "I did not" even when he has no idea what he is being accused of. Normal kid.

For instance, take last night. We had just finished dinner and I was really anxious to get a slice of her caramel cake with whipped cream. There is not one single healthy aspect to it, and that's what makes it so good. My wife opened the fridge door (as keeping the cake cold makes it so much better). The second the door opened a small furry blur streaked out of the fridge and headed for the door.
"Stop"!! My wife is learning the advantages of a preemptive command strike.

Monsa hand slowed right at the edge of the door and came to a stop. "Yes?" While the innocence of the "yes" raised the hair on the back of my neck, the fact that he kept his back to us was all the proof I needed that he had done something wrong.
"Don't move an inch buddy" My wife slowly opened the fridge door. She and I knew he had done something, but what was the real question. Inside the fridge the cake was sitting there in all of its glory, with one small problem. All of the caramel seemed to have disappeared.

We turned in unison to monsa hand and I asked the question that I knew the answer to but it was one that still needed answering. "Monsa. Do you know where all of the caramel is?" As I said this I could see him tense about to leap for the door.
"Monsa? I need an honest answer. Did you eat the caramel?" The second I said that he relaxed, turned and looked at me. I now knew why he had kept his back to us. His face was covered from ear to ear in caramel and whipped cream.
"I did it." I was surprised by this confession. Normally he would be covered head to toe(pads?) in food and still deny that he knew anything.

At this point my dear wife piped in "Well you just told us the truth and I like that. So for now no punishment. But if you ever do it again full punishment and Biggy gets all of your white chocolate. Since I am biggy I was happy, but I was more impressed with that little guy. Maybe he is getting more mature, maybe he is finally growing up. Maybe he is scamming us with fake sincerity.
Now I'll really have to keep an eye on him.

But I still feel like a proud father.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?