Monday, September 13, 2004

Rule #3

Well, I have grounded Gunner. I have also set another rule into place.

Rule #3
If Gunner says anything that worries/upsets/frightens you, ask Elizabeth (Me).


Gunner, as much as I love him, has a soul full of mischief. And periodically it gets ahead of his good sense (such as it is).

I came home yesterday and suggested that we have Mexican for dinner. I had been craving chimichangas for a while and it just sounded really good for dinner. I did not expect the response I got from Monsa.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh!!!!!!!!!!!

"I don't wanna eat Mexicans. I don't wanna eat Mexicans."

And he went running toward the stairs to the basement.

I finally ran him down in his basement nest and asked him what was wrong. He said that Gunner had told him that the reason that different kinds of foods were called "Mexican" or "Chinese" or whatever was because they were used in the various dishes.

You have to understand that Gunner sometimes has a really perverse sense of humor. They had been watching some cooking show, and Monsa had not understood what some of the ingredients were that were going into the dishes. Mostly spices and things I think and that was when he told him what he did. I am sure that he thought Monsa would not take him seriously and would recognize it as a joke, but he had not. And Gunner had not corrected the misunderstanding.

Therefore, Gunner is grounded. He has surrendered all of his chocolate to Monsa. Monsa and I have gone to dinner for spaghetti (I can get a sampler plate and if I sit in a booth he is shielded from view and can have his own bit) and then a visit to a local chocolate makers outlet (he loves this place).

Gunner is cleaning the bathroom ... thoroughly. He will then clean the kitchen, finish the laundry, vacuum the living room, and dust (he hates to dust).

I hope he has a good time, I know we will.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?