Sunday, October 24, 2004

David and I sat there talking for 30 minutes or so about monsters and our lives with them. It seems he ended up with his first two monsters when he opened his mail box to get his mail and the mail box screamed out "Don't eat us!". His life took a bit of a twilight zone turn just like mine did.
"Our kids had grown and moved and there I was with two hungry crying little things and wondering if I had gone around the bend. Luckily my wife thought they were cute and took them under her wing. She was the unifier in our household."
"I agree. When monsa hand needs a little TLC because I have grounded him or something my dear wife is the one he goes to. She does mother him a little...Make that a lot."

We kept talking until interrupted by Theo.
"Davy." She tugged on his shirt sleeve a bit "Davy. I want to go home now please."
I noticed that she seemed a little sad now. Her voice had a bit of urgency in it. "Please let's go home Davy".
"OK dear. Hop into my pocket." She ran over to his jacket and climbed into the breast pocket and burrowed deep inside.
"Is she OK?"
"Yeah. She's just fine." He paused for a second. "She knows about me moving and her having to go somewhere else and when she starts thinking about it she gets a little depressed and clingy. Right now she needs a little time at home. I am going to talk to her some more about the subject. Theo knows it's best, she just doesn't like it of course."

"Poor little thing. Listen. Lets get together for dinner if that's OK with you. Got plans for Tuesday?"
"No. Hold on." He pulled a business card and quickly wrote something on the back. "Here is my home address. Drop by about 5 and I will have my Yankee pot Roast done. Theo really loves it.
"It's a date."

David was only gone about 5 minutes when my wife showed up.
"Goofing off I see. How is monsa hand ever going to find the ...." She stopped when she saw monsa hand sitting there. Not just sitting there, but sitting there holding a small piece of green ribbon in his arms.
"Guess who we found dear and guess where we are going Tuesday might?"
"She's going to move in with us. I love her!" he then hugged the ribbon even more.

"Arrggghhh! 5 minutes late and I miss everything."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?