Tuesday, October 19, 2004

For a second after his comment I just sat there. I knew I had heard correctly, but not sure why I had heard it.
I said quietly so the monsas could not hear. "You want me to what?"
"Don't worry. She knows" He reached over to where the monsas where sitting and gave Theo a nice scritch on the back of her head.
"You see. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and I have decided to move to a retirement community in Florida. Theo has moved with me once but this time there seems no way for her to live there. Can you imagine the chaos that would occur with a community of 70 year old ladies with bad hearts and a small furry thing running around that talks. They would be dropping like flies. Not sure if that would be good for me, her, or them."

Up till now I was mainly just listening to him. He did go into some more details about why moving with Theo would be impossible. Everyone of them a good reason but I had to ask the question that needed to be asked.
"Does she want to move in with us?" We both looked over to Theo and the answer was obvious. There she was curled up next to Monsa hand asleep. He was next to her but his eye was open. His eye was happily just looking at he with a contentment that I had not seen before.
"I think she and he just made the decision for us."

"What does your wife think about Theo moving?"
"She passed away several years ago. During the first two monsas we had. She loved them. She was the one who found them and showed me that they were not just strange little furry mimics, but diminutive children."
"I'm sorry. I would have loved to meet her."

"I would love for her to move in with us, monsa hand even more so, but I need to throw this by my wife. Lets just say Monsa antics are a bit troublesome on the best of days. He alone is a handful, having two is a big step."
With a smile "Don't worry too much. The females have always had a great civilizing influence on the little guys in their life. You will most likely find him being much better behaved than ever before."
"Cool. I have a question. Does she like chocolate?"
His "Do bears poop in the woods?" was the answer I got and we then started to regale each other with tales of their antics and happenings.

Comments:
Good to see you're continuing the story :)
 
This is lovely stuff. I’m so happy I found it

Todd Vodka
http://www.blithelywego.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?