Sunday, October 03, 2004

I turned to the new voice. Before me stood the driver of the other car. The one I saw for just a split second before rear-ending the car in front of me.
"Hi. Mind if I sit, my legs aren't as good as they used to be." With a nod from me he sat down in the other side of the booth.

"Hi Davy. See! See! I told you we would find him. I told you. There he is. There's Monsa hand. See." Now even Theo was smiling big. "I told you there was another monsa here." She then scurried over to "Davy" and in a whisper that even I could here said "I think he likes me. He's cute."
The violent nodding up and down of monsa's head in confirmation reinforced that obvious view.

"She calls me Davy but my name is David." We shook hands and got to know each other.
Turns out that Theo had smelled Monsa hand that day at the mall also but did not tell Davy for days. By then she was not sure what day she had smelled him so like Monsa hand and I they have been patrolling the mall on the weekends to try to find us.
"We had stopped coming by, but when she told me she saw one in another car we started back hunting."

By now Theo and Monsa hand had curled up next to each other and were whispering. Since the whispers were sprinkled with giggles from her every once in awhile I was not too worried about what they were talking about. Kids will be kids. Even ones with crushes on each other.
Turns out Theo was the third generation of monsas Dave had raised.
"Normally monsas kind of hook up with another right after birth and stay together forever, but Theo never found a little boy she liked for herself so she was raised single."

"Are there more in town?" This I really wanted to know. Poor monsa always seemed so sad and alone and I would love to introduce him to others.
"Yeah. There are some. I would say probably about a hundred total. Most live with families like you and me. I feel they think we serve them. Personally I know of only two other couples that have monsas right now."
Can you introduce me to them?" Now I was happy. Now I felt like I wanted to jump up and down like Monsa was earlier.
"Sure. No problem. But could I ask a really big favor of you?"
"Ask away."

"Well the main reason I am happy to see you, and for more reasons then just finding the "cute little brown walker" as Theo described him, I need you to take her please. I just can't keep her with me anymore."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?