Friday, October 29, 2004

"No! No no no." My wife's face was a little scrunched up as she spoke " Gunner. The one we have is a handful and I don't know if I could handle another. I really don't think that would be a good idea!"

I had to act, and fast, because when she had made up her mind there would be no changing it. Perogative of a woman or not this was one argument I had to win.
"Love. Davy is moving and he needs our help. Theo is a nice young lady and may even have a positive effect. Monsa hand is a bit wild and a ladies touch may calm him down." I hope and pray that is "Could you just come to dinner and meet her?" I was desperate. Heck I was almost gibbering.

"No. Gunner, I just don't know.. I love Monsa hand and want the best for him, but two in one house is going to be too much. I don't know if we could afford another one."

She was right. Monsa hand breaks a lot of stuff in his desire to have fun, but the cost of him is not a major factor to me.
"Love. Two monsters will not be that much more..." I never finished the line because from between us on the table a small sniff arose.

We both looked down and there was Monsa hand holding the small piece of green ribbon. His one eye was larger then I had ever seen it. It was also red and tearing up as he looked up at us.
He raised the ribbon up so we could see it and with a frown on his face he whispered "But I found her. I.. I . I found the little blue girl and she likes me" He was fighting so hard not to cry. To him only girls cried, not boys. But just looking at him I knew he was loosing this fight.

"Monsa.." I started
"No! I like her a lot." he stopped to wipe his face and continued. "I love her and you don't and I don't like you no more!"
With a sob he grasped the small ribbon to his chest and rolled up into a small furry sad ball and laid there, all alone in this world.

There are times in this world when just one glance can say so much. I looked at my wife and she to me and the choice was made. Elizabeth reached down and with a well practiced act scritched his head just a little. The fur parted and one red eye poked out and he spoke

"Leave me alone."
Before he could reroll back into his protective fur ball she acted.
"Monsa? You know I love you, right?"
With a larger sniff then normal "No!"
"Well I do, and I will meet her, but if she is not a good girl I don't want her for you"

With something like a hair explosion he opened up and ran up her arm and embraced her neck. "I love you! I love you! I love you! She is nice and really pretty and she smells good, you'll like her."

With that said he just shut his eye and held on to my wife's neck ,
Later that day she told me that at that moment he started to purr.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?