Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Three times in one day. Normally monsa hand bathes once a day, more if he is messy and cleaning with my wife, but today he has bathed three times, and for a girl.

"Are you sure I look good?"
"For the third time YES!" darn he was nervous. "You looked good the first time, the second time, and now. Why are you bathing so much. We don't go over there for dinner for several days"
"I know. I just...I'm scared!" with that he scrunched his head down a bit and got serious.
"Biggy. I really like her and want to make a good first impression on her....that's what Doctor Phil says you should do."
"No more TV for one. Two. Quit using my cologne. You stink. Three...Monsa. She likes you too. You don't need to be scared. Come here."

As I was laying on the couch he crawled up onto my belly and sat down. I started to scritch him and put myself into the fatherly advice mode.
"You are a great monsa hand and she will like you, and if she moves here she will like the house. You do have your gift ready?"
"Yes!" He jumped off me and ran over to the closet where his nest is. A second later, with a lot of grunting, he pushed out a small sampler box that had a ribbon wrapped around it. I lifted him and it up to my chest.

"Want to know what's in her gift?"
Dumb question "Yes. Open it monsa"
With a little more flare then normal he brought out the items in it.
"Here are three of the bigger hearts and here are two white chocolate resees cups and here is some perfume..."
"Stop! Perfume?"
"Yeah." He pulled out one of those small tube samplers and showed me its label. Oscar. "Elizabeth gave it to me. She said girls like smelly stuff." Ah. Advice from the wife. Monsa hand thought good smelly stuff was old chocolate wrappers in his nest.

"Well that is a very thoughtful gift. I'm rather proud of the thought you put into it. So are you feeling better now?"
With a "yep" he took off and left me to my TV. A few seconds later I hear the water in the sink running again.

Four!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?