Saturday, December 04, 2004

"you're not making the eggs right." and "Davy does the toast better" and on and on.
While I was happy Theo was there the next morning for breakfast I will admit she got underfoot a lot and was VERY opinionated.

"Davy shaves the chocolate for my eggs, you use chocolate syrup and that's not right" she said that and shook her head in disapproval.
"Fine" I set three eggs in front of her "You do it" and went over and sat down at the table. As I picked up my buttered toast I looked over at her. To say she was shocked and very unhappy would be an understatement.

"But the eggs are to big for me" She was now trying to lift one over the edge of the pan, with little success. Now size wise this would be an egg the size of a footlocker for you or me.
"Well it seemed you did not want mine so you do it"
"I did. I did. I just.....You do it differently then Davy's and it looks strange."
I paused because she was starting to look worried.
"Will you at least try mine? You might like it"
"Ok." but she gave me the look I new so well from Monsa hand when I had him try new things. Total suspicion. "I try yours, but I not going to like it probably"

Breakfast was a lot better then I hoped it would turn out as. She finally admitted the chocolate syrup in the scrambled eggs was better then the chocolate shavings David puts in his, but she said the same syrup made the toast soggy and melted chocolate would be better. I agreed, after checking with Monsa hand as the house chocolate expert..
He didn't care though.
He hardly ate his chocolate toast at all., he just sat there and gazed lovingly at her with the pure love of youth.

Gag.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?