Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Theo has had a hard time getting settled as she has missed David badly. He sent her a card that she got yesterday and I thought she was going to cry when she opened it, but since then has been a bit more cheerful and I think happy to be with us.

I was getting ready to go out this morning and she came in while I was putting on my makeup. I don't wear a whole lot of makeup but I really need something or I wind up looking like I just crawled out of my own grave.

"What is that?" Theo asked.

"Makeup" I replied.

"What's makeup?" She asked, and I explained that it just helps to make me look a little nicer than I already do.

"Can I try some?" She had apparently never encountered makeup before as David's wife had passed away before Theo had come to live with him.

She tried my eyeshadow, my mascara, a bit of blusher, and lipstick. I will admit she went overboard but most girls do the first few times. I think she was having fun about it though because about the time we were both looking at her and discussing the effects Monsa walked in.

Theo had put on bright blue eyeshadow, heavy mascara, pink blush, and bright red lipstick. (A gift from Gunner, he really does not understand my tastes in makeup.) She was a bit startling because Monsa jumped when he saw her like he had been poked with a pin.

"Aagh, what did you do?!?"

"I like it." She replied. "How about I give you a kiss?" She then reapplied her lipstick, puckered her lips out at him and jumped down off the counter. He ran off down the hallway (screaming about cooties I think) with her in hot pursuit making kissing noises.

I think she is going to be fine.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?