Monday, January 17, 2005

The trip over was rather exciting. Every block monsa hand would jump on me and ask if we were there yet. But he was worse then a kid because he used his claws for traction.

When we got there David welcomed us in but Theo was nowhere to be found.
David must have noticed me worry. “Don’t worry. She is saying goodbye to the dog next door. They have played together a lot. The neighbor is so near sighted that she thinks Theo is a cat or something.”

On the hall table was three small boxes. I knew instantly what was in one because Monsa Hand was sniffing it with a certain look on his face.
“You stay away from her chocolate. Understand?”
Backing away suddenly with a guilty look “Just smelling…looking at her boxes”
“Well quit looking” I noticed that David had already started to pack also. His walls were bare of photos and several large boxes were shoved into the corner.
“Heading out soon?”

“Three days. My niece is driving me down. She wants to hit the beaches and it gives her a right to be there. We both win.”

Into the room scurried a slightly wet Theo “He licked me again Davy. I told him not to but he did. Dumb dog” She stopped when she noticed us “Hi.”
She paused and then it hit her. We were there to take her home. But that meant she had to leave her home. Even for a full grown monsa that thought was hard. She took off for David and was up on his shoulder in a second. The look on her face was sad to behold. She did not want to go , but knew it was for the best.

“Will you take me to the car Davy?” I noticed that even my wife had red eyes. The only one who was not sad seemed to be Monsa Hand. He was happy because he got the girl of his dreams, but he did not understand the price.

Davy took Theo out to the car and my wife and I hung back to give David and her a little space. He helped her into the back seat and put her into the small area we had made for monsa hand. He leaned down and gave her a kiss on her head and a small scritch and walked away.

We all piled into the car and after our good-byes took off. Monsa hand was talking a mile a minute to Theo about all the fun they would have, but Theo just sat there. I never knew that something so small could seem so sad and unhappy.
“Theo? I have made a nice nest for you. You should like it. I painted it just for you. “ It was all I could think of saying. Sometimes in life there is just not enough words to make the sadness go away.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?