Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Well Theo and I had a great day today. It started when she marched into the room with Monsa shadowing her like he has for days.
"Biggy, I need your help please."
"What help?"
"I want to write Davy a letter and I need you to write it for me. Your pens are way too big for me. Davy always brought home pencils from bowling alleys for me to write with. "

So Theo and I went into the kitchen and we wrote a letter to Davy. She wanted to tell him that Monsa, My wife, and I were being nice to her and she was enjoying herself. She did have me write that I still farted in my sleep and she kept the door shut to her nest because of it, but I was still OK in her book.
At one point of the letter she crawled up onto my shoulder and whispered one part. "Tell him that monsa and I have kissed and I like him a lot. He's cute and I got him to clean his nest regularly."
"OK."

With letter in hand we went to the post office that night. I mailed it after she checked the address more than 5 times to make sure she had it right.
While she settled in nicely here in our home, letter writing became part of her way to stay connected to Davy.
And yes if you ask. I did go bowling the next week and brought home a whole handful of those weird small yellow pencils for her. Letters are personal and it was the right thing to do.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?