Friday, April 01, 2005

They paused as they thought about what I had said, then they reacted just like I knew they would.
"Arrrggghhhhh!!!!!" throwing themselves down they burst into tears. Here it comes.
Those poor chocolate loving monsters were experiencing the bad part of day after celebrations.

The day the candy sales end.

"They are all mean and should go to jail!" wailed Theo with monsa hand throwing in his "They're all poo poo heads" for good show.
Now to tell the truth I was not upset for them. I had already gone through this with monsa hand the week or so after every Day After holiday.

They spend weeks earning money just waiting for the sales to occur. Then when their money runs out, and I will admit I buy most of it because they have no real concept of cost, they go into hysterics. So for me the next week will be filled with sad monsters weeping about how life is so cruel to them and them alone.

Day afters include every holiday that involves candy in any sort. Halloween, Easter, Valentines Day, 4th of July, and Human Birthdays. Yes even birthdays. They demand that my wife and I have chocolate cake, and the leftovers end up in their bellies over the next few days. I have yet to finish a cake with them in the house. There are things you have to accept if you have monsters living with you.

So here I sit with two sad, despondent monsters weeping about the cruel fate that is their path in life. For them it is either feast, or famine. Today it is famine.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?