Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Well true love has blossomed here in the Biggy household all due to an electric storm.

My wife and I first made the discovery that Theo was very afraid of lightning and thunder during the first storm we had. It had been going on for just a few minutes when I felt her touching my hand gently. I looked over and saw a very scared Theo.
"Can I stay in here tonight?" The scared look on her face was sad to behold.
Well of course I said she could. My wife and I got a small throw pillow and laid it between our pillows and she rested there during stormy nights.

She was suffering a little insecurity and the storm just was too much at the time. Every once in a while I would feel her reach over and lay a small pad on my shoulder to make sure we were still there. Normally right when the storm ended she would shuffle off back to her nest in the guest room. It became such a regular occurrence that when storms were expected I would go ahead and lay the pillow there even before she came in the room.

Until that one night.
A large noisy storm had started early that night so when my wife and I went to bed we got the small pillow out and laid it down. We knew she would show up when she needed the company.

My wife woke me up by shaking me. "Wake up. Wake up gunner, Theo's not here and the storm has been going on for an hour. Go check on her. Now!". So as the good husband I went to go check on her. Why my wife couldn't was beyond me, but a husband has to do what he has to do.
When I got to her room I noticed that her nightlight was off. She always slept with it on. Monsa hand had even picked it our for her. It was a Curious George nightlight. She was also just a bit timid of the dark. I looked in and noticed one thing. She was gone. Her stuff was there, but not her. So walking through the dark I started checking each room and whispering her name. I of course went right to the kitchen to start with to see if she was into the chocolate. But no luck.

Then it hit me.

I walked down stairs and looked quietly into Monsa hands nest area. There she was. Monsa hand must have pulled a pillow off of the couch for her because there she was asleep next to monsa hand. He was asleep on his curious George doll. But since I was not there to comfort her she had reached out in her sleep and had her small arm laid upon his. They looked so small and in love in that simple pose.

I just backed up and walked upstairs with out a noise. I informed my wife that love was in the air and all was well with the two furry ones.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?